Hello Harbinger!

Carmel's literary magazine is looking for new members!

Moran and Mirza review the Harbinger final proofs

In case you are not familiar with Harbinger, it is our school’s literary magazine. In the words of Harbinger’s Editor-in-Chief, Riley Moran, it’s “literary and visual work done by students for students.”

Harbinger is all about getting the students involved.

“Harbinger gives students the unique opportunity to follow through an entire publication process while celebrating their artist and writer friends of the Carmel community,” fine arts teacher Maria Murczek said. “Every single decision is made by the students – themes, colors, fonts, layout, image selections, order, paper quality, etc. Each student is recognized for their published work.”

During the past few years, Harbinger received many submissions from Carmel Students, including drawings and poems. However, many members graduated, and now there were only two members left.

Harbinger is still on the hunt for new members, Murczek said.

“With society’s demand for visual content increasing everyday, students learn valuable design skills that are professional industry standards, preparing them for the future,” Murczek said. “And it’s fun! It’s a low-pressure, supportive and social environment. Field trips, snacks, pizza, jokes, and fun, collaborative work at an accessible pace.”

“You don’t need to be super good, you just have to be interested,” Moran said. “Passion exceeds experience.”