We've Got Our Site Set On You

Crossroads

Advice From A Senior: Finals Edition

Ela Carrano, Reporter

Dear Freshmen,

My freshman year finals were unforgettable. I had no idea what I was doing, and thought that I could pass by only reviewing a little bit. I was wrong. Somehow, by God’s grace, I passed all of them, but don’t do what I did.

Throughout the rest of my years here, I have not been kicked out, and I have achieved the title of senior, so I believe that I have mastered the art of studying. Here are my tips that may help you.

COLORS

Have a specific color pen to write in for each class so that you don’t confuse all of your notes. When highlighting, change the color between every new type if important information so that you won’t get confused.

MUSIC

If you need to listen to music to help you focus, try and find some contemporary playlists on Pandora, Spotify, and yes, even SoundCloud.

FOOD

If you need to eat to focus, you can set goals for every page. You can do this by setting a piece of your favorite candy at the end of each page of notes for when you finish. You can also do this after 10 questions on Quizlet.

FRIENDS

You can plan out a trip to your local Starbucks or library and quiz each other! (Hint: You can use your new colorful note cards!)

TIMING

Start studying sooner than later. Give yourself time to study for each final, and set a study schedule to keep everything timely so that you don’t cram the week and/or night before.

BREAKS

For every hour that you study give yourself 10-15 minutes to have a break. “May the odds be ever in your favor.”

Good luck on your first high school finals!