Feeling the love

It’s all about the students

A school without students is like Mr. Ostap without Twitter, Señor Schwab without his guitar, and Mr. Nolan without his locker cart. It’s just not the same.

As a part of Catholic Schools Week, staff and faculty will spend Friday showing Carmel students just how vital they are to the school.

“We celebrate the fact that the students are enthusiastic about learning, Christian service, and being a part of the Carmel community,” Sister Kathleen Sinclair said.

There are lots of surprises and treats planned for the shortened day.

Carmel's MVC award winners
@markostap
Carmel’s MVC award winners

Students were asked to come as they are–just roll out of their beds and come to school in their pj’s or onesies. It was assumed that they might want to brush their hair, or at least their teeth, and to dress appropriately for school. 

Delicious caramel apple lollipops (get it, CARAMEL…CARMEL) greeted students on the way into the building. Enthusiastic teachers cheered for somewhat bewildered students. 

For the students who have a phones out and heads down approach to passing periods, they can leave the headphones in their locker because music will fill the halls, giving them a chance to break out their best dance moves.

Almost 100 students got the call to leave homeroom early and receive the title of MVC. Most Valuable Corsairs are a special brand of student nominated by teachers for being awesome. The award honors students who care for others, are courteous, show initiative and are selfless.

Forty minute class periods should fly by before students pack it up and head home at noon.